Music for the Devil(again)

Far from posting a Vlog, my technological capabilities won’t even let me post a video in a comment box. Therefore it’s on to the main board for me. When saw the title of Clarissa’s post I immediately thought of The Charlie Daniels Band and the song “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”. This song has been a favorite of mine for quite some time because it tells me a story as well as wows me with music.(kind of like some music videos Sandra?). After reading Clarissa’s blog and listening to her various music clips, I was reminded of another song that shares this storyline. Apparently musicians love to have jam offs with the devil. The song I started to think of is the comical “Tribute” by Tenacious D. This band is made up of musician/actor Kyle Gass and actor/musician Jack Black. Jack Black is obviously the more famous member of the duo and both of his talents are on display in the movie “School of Rock”. Tenacious D is a bit of “mock rock” band and plays mostly humorous, and at times inappropriate songs. I can’t say that their music is a technical wonder or even amazing, but some of it makes me laugh. In “Tribute”(their first single), the band is engaged in a similar battle with the Devil and need to play the GREATEST SONG IN THE WORLD to defeat him. That sounds easy enough, too bad they have forgotten how to play it.

listen to “Tribute”

This entry was posted in Music. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Music for the Devil(again)

1. This is one of my favorite bands. They are hilariously inappropriate. I don’t know if anyone has ever seen “Pick of Destiny” but it’s kind of based off of “Tribute”. It’s about how the two of them try to get a pick made of the devil’s tooth. They feel the demonic influence will help them write and play rock masterpieces (eventually they settle for a bong made of the devil’s horn). I don’ know if this is the first thing I thought of when I heard Wooten speak but now that I think about it the movie does go into the topic of getting over nerves, releasing “baggage”, and practice.

2. maggiedickinson says:

You should be able to leave a comment. Just click on “1 comment” and then you can read the comments others have left and a there will be a box where you can leave your own. Let me know if you are still having problems.

3. esmaldone says:

Jack Black is quite distinctive. This is a good example of post-Spinal Tap Movie Rock.