Vlog: Muse Live at Nassau Coliseum

This is my first vlog for our Arts in New York class! I tried to incorporate as much as I could do into the video: fancy transitions, video and picture, and editing techniques. This program is still very new to me, but I did my best.

In the video, I discuss the musical group Muse and how they developed to where they are today. I also explain what I believe makes them aurally attractive. Since I was seeing them live at Nassau Coliseum on October 23rd, I included a little review of the concert as well.

I hope you learn something new from my video! Thanks for watching!

This entry was posted in Music. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Vlog: Muse Live at Nassau Coliseum

1. maggiedickinson says:

I’m so happy to see a Vlog! Very brave!

2. David Rand says:

I really enjoyed your Vlog. I have hear of Muse before, but the only song I knew by them was “Uprising.” I really liked the way you made half of it before the concert and the other half after. I also liked how you showed clips and pictures that you took at the concert. Because I haven’t watched Twilight either, I never really looked into the band’s music. I’m gonna check out more of their songs now.

3. Sandra Lau says:

OMG! I’m so jealous. I love Muse, they’re one of my favorite bands! I probably don’t like them as much as you do, because not all of their music is to my liking, but I do love them. I actually discovered them because of one of my friends and have been listening to them ever since. I think their style is so unique to them, and I just love that about the band. It’s so cool that the first vlog is about Muse, it makes me smile when I think about it.

Great job with the vlog, and yay for your courage! Awesome vlog post =]

4. esmaldone says:

Alex,

Great job on the vlog. Some things I found interesting:
    1 – you like the band’s spirit of Revolution. This is something that is somehow re-invented with every generation. It is curious to see how it is the same and how it changes for each audience.
    2 – I particularly appreciated the bemused look of disappointment on your face upon reporting that your beloved band had accepted thye assignemtn of writing a song for Twilight III. SELLOUT! (Hope they were paid well…)
    3 – House of the Rising Sun? That was one of the first songs I ever figured out on my own. In 1965.
    I hate to be critical of such a good effort, but this could have probably been about a 3 minute vlog, instead of 8.5. Of course, editing to that length would have taken you hours. (But this was a very successful effort! Excellent work!)

5. ToniAnn Fanizzi says:

Alex, this was great! You were entertaining to watch and listen to, and I’m jealous that you tried out a Vlog and had it work out so successfully 🙂 I am a guilty member of the party who heard of Muse because of their song in Twilight, and since then, I have not really listened to any other songs by them. I cannot say that I am a Muse fan right now simply because I have not taken the time to listen to their albums. However, your post made me really interested in the band’s other music, and I would really like to check it out! Great job!