Shoes Are More Than Just For Your Feet

I have always been a shoe fanatic, especially with sneakers. I actually have an array of collection in sneakers ranging from Jordans, Nikes, Bapes, etc. If I had more money, I would definitely expand my collection. I’m bringing up my interest because I stumbled upon a webpage that showed some really fascinating artworks that utilized the idea of a shoe or the actual sneaker. Here’s the website of all the works (Some of the pictures do not work if you click on it though).

There were a lot of different works to choose from, so I decided to write about one of them that really stood out to me. It was the one called “Walking Bike”, which used a group of sneakers as the wheels of the bike. There is even a video showing that the bike actually worked. I thought this was a very creative idea and after reading through all the articles, I also realized there were actually so many types of artworks that can incorporate shoes as the main object.

Walking Bike

This entry was posted in Visual Arts. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Shoes Are More Than Just For Your Feet

1. Alexandra Nicoletti says:

That’s really innovative. Who would’ve though that the bike could actually ride! All of the pictures on the site are interesting. “Painted Heel” and “Nike Sweatshop” stood out to me in particular. The first was an incredible illusion (had me tricked), and the second made me think for a while. It’s ironic how such expensive products are made by people who live in unjust poverty.

2. Shirley Mak says:

I think this post really fits your love for sneakers (as you have already mentioned). But it is a really interesting concept to see the sneakers on a bike, and I agree with Alex. Who knew it could actually ride! But then again, the rubber on the bottom of the sneakers may work as the rubber wheels?

3. esmaldone says:

My favorite was the bread shoes. It is interesting how people feel about shoes. You generally don’t hear about people having an extensive shirt collection, or Rain coat collection…

4. esmaldone says:

and the walking bike is really useful only for a very short walk….