“Skyroom Project”

The attack on September 11th happened just nine years ago. Many of you have your own story about what happened to you on that particular day, and the “Skyroom Project” was Raimund Hoghe’s recollection of the day. Raimund Hoghe is a German cheorographer who performed in this year’s Crossing the Line Festival with his piece “Skyroom Project”, a personal view of the attack on September 11th. I didn’t get a chance to see it and I’ve never even heard of him before reading the article, but it was very interesting to me how he put his memories into a dance. Personally, I’ve never seen a dance performance that was derived from a memory, it seems like a cool concept to be able to put together a string of movements to reenact something special (whether it was good or bad.) It is such a shame that I missed the show, if I had found out about it earlier, I definitely would have gone to see it.

Here’s the article of “Skyroom Project”

After reading the article, I decided to find out more about Raimund Hoghe and found a piece that he cherographed called Sans-titre, which is about being an illegal immigrant.

Here’s a video of Sans-titre

-Sandra Lau

This entry was posted in Dance. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to “Skyroom Project”

1. esmaldone says:

I have to say, this is one of those choreographers that I just don’t “get.” The dancer seems quite accomplished, but most of the movements seems particular to this dancer. I think this approach can be very limiting.