My name is Taulant Kastrati. I am a biomedical engineering major at CCNY, and I am also on the pre-med track. My parents are from Yugoslavia, and I was born in Flushing, Queens. I moved to Brighton Beach when I was seven years old and I have lived there since. Before CCNY, I went to Midwood High School, where I spent three years conducting research at a microbiology lab. Besides research, I have played piano for a couple of years, my favorite pianist being Chopin (whom I hope to play). I also like to stay fit, and I swim whenever I get the chance to. My biggest dream is to one day invent something to help treat my patients with.

Screenshot_2016-01-06-17-34-01-1 1

My name is Lior Agaronov. I am in the CCNY class of 2019, majoring in electrical engineering (but not really decided yet). I was born in Moscow, Russia, but I left the country when I was eleven. I spent a year in Israel, and then almost 5 years in Beijing, China. In Beijing I went to the Russian Embassy School, and then transferred to the IB #55 International School. Beijing is a great city, and I really miss it. I moved to the United States in the middle of my junior year of high school. I graduated from James Madison High School. I like to build stuff (especially electronics). I am still trying to improve my English. My parents do not let me stay in one place for a long time, so I have to struggle with languages quite often. I live on Brighton Beach, the “Little Russia” of Brooklyn. I have three younger brothers and one older brother. I hope to build my future in the United States. This should be the last stop.

IMAG3246_1 (2)
“GOOD MORNING NEW YORK CITY! Today is going to be a fantastic day! Our morning biography for today goes out to Michael Borrello. He is a 19 year old Freshman in Macaulay Honors College studying Chemical Engineering at City College. He has roots in New York City but grew up in beautiful Beacon, New York, about an hour and a half upstate. He has a passion for playing and composing music on trumpet, piano, or any other instrument you hand him. Michael is passionate about art, film, and, most especially, storytelling. Where you may find him in his makeshift laboratory brewing chemicals, you are just as likely to find him playing jazz in the local night club. And what advice did Michael offer the listeners this morning you ask? He simply told us “Life is too important to be taken seriously.” Well you heard it first! Tune in next week when we interview the rest of the Macaulay Class of 2019.”

Hey!! I’m Ryan and I am currently a Mechanical Engineering major at City College. I grew up on Long Island in a town called New Hyde Park and have lived there ever since. During my free time I like to go out, eat, hang out with friends and sleep. I look forward to learning and getting to know you guys this semester.

10408821_847882288628323_1997307923833209061_n

Hi, my name’s Adham, but I would prefer if you didn’t pronounce the ‘h’. My parents are from Egypt, but I was born here in Manhattan. I grew up in Queens and New Jersey, but now I live in Midwood, Brooklyn. I haven’t decided majors; I am torn between computer science and psychology, two of my favorite passions. I aspire to become a doctor of medicine. I work in my local YMCA, teaching swimming to kids age 3 months to 15 years and lifeguarding. I like to swim, box, salsa dance, and tinker. with computer parts in my free time. I don’t like taking the subway and having awkward small talk.

I'm Casey! Originally from Centereach, Long Island, I'm now located in Manhattan. I'm majoring in biotechnology, but I have a lot of varied interests. I'm a lover of cats, dogs, goats, and everything in between. I'm a pianist and violinist, and music has always been a huge part of my life. When I'm free from school and all those other responsibilities that accompany growing up, I'm always interested in road trips, eating delicious food, and going on late night beach excursions.

I’m Casey! Originally from Centereach, Long Island, I’m now located in Manhattan. I’m majoring in biotechnology, but I have a lot of varied interests. I’m a lover of cats, dogs, goats, and everything in between. I’m a pianist and violinist, and music has always been a huge part of my life. When I’m free from school and all those other responsibilities that accompany growing up, I’m always interested in road trips, eating delicious food, and going on late night beach excursions.

Hi! My name is Xiao Yan. I am currently a freshman in City College. My major is undecided right now but I'm thinking about biology or psychology. I live in Brooklyn for 8 years. I recently moved to Coney Island from Avenue U. If you guys would like to walk the beach one day I'm happy to join. You can prepare beach pails and shovels then we can make a sand castle!

Hi! My name is Xiao Yan. I am currently a freshman in City College. My major is undecided right now but I’m thinking about biology or psychology. I live in Brooklyn for 8 years. I recently moved to Coney Island from Avenue U. If you guys would like to walk the beach one day I’m happy to join. You can prepare beach pails and shovels then we can make a sand castle!

Hello I'm Jack! I've lived on Long Island in a town about five miles from Queens called Manhasset. I'm currently a political science major, but I'm considering switching my major to history or something English related. I like to write, play chess, and go to live shows/concerts. After college I want to travel around the world and work on my writing as well as my chess.

Hello I’m Jack! I’ve lived on Long Island in a town about five miles from Queens called Manhasset. I’m currently a political science major, but I’m considering switching my major to history or something English related. I like to write, play chess, and go to live shows/concerts. After college I want to travel around the world and work on my writing as well as my chess.

Photo on 2-22-16 at 9.07 PM

Hi, I’m Adam Zachary H. Wichern Wolfson. I generally go by Adam though, because that is way too many names. I’m an undecided freshman at CCNY. Both my parents’ families have lived in America for several generations, so I don’t have a story of immigration that would tie neatly into the class’s themes. Both my parents are performing artists though, so that should give you some idea of my family background. If I’m going to be interacting with you in a personal or academic capacity, you might be interested to know the following:

• I talk way too much.
  • I spend a lot of my free time on the internet, but not the popular parts.
  • If I say something that makes no sense, it was probably meant to be a joke. (or a conversation starter).
  • I’m interested in science.
  • I tend to really, really overthink things. (I enjoy doing so, actually)
  • I am trained in improv comedy.
  • It’s part of my personal philosophy to try not to judge people.
  • Did I mention I talk too much?

If you’re reading this, you’re probably my professor or my classmate. either way, I hope we have a fun year together.

Best wishes,

-Adam