Enlightening, not entertaining!

From the moment I saw the beginning of the movie, I had a gut feeling I wouldn’t like it very much. However, as the movie progressed, I realized that although the movie wasn’t particularly entertaining, it was bearable (which is more than I can say for many other movies). As the movie went on, I have to say, I did get a little bored, as the majority of the scenes were in the one pizzeria. However, at the conclusion of the day, I realized that although the movie did not entertain me, it taught me some thing. It taught me how people in these neighborhoods live and what they do for survival. It taught me their means of entertainment (some of which, like the water hydrant, were quite humorous indeed) and the types of jobs they both do. For this reason, my respect for the movie increased dramatically, and I found myself wanting to finish the movie.

One thought on “Enlightening, not entertaining!

1. Yes James, I totally agree. Do The Right Thing was quite dragging. I expected the movie to be light, but instead it turned out to be really heavy, sometimes even boring.