John Adams, On the Transmigration of Souls
W.H. Auden, “September 1, 1939”
David Rieff, “After 9/11: The Limits of Remembrance”
September 11, 5 pm
Missa Brevis with “Voices of Ascension”
North end of Battery Park
(class to meet at the corner of Chambers St and River Terrance at 4:30 pm)
9/11 Blog Posts
- John Adam's Music Piece
- See you in another life.
- Carry On
- Why forget?
- Lost-A Mass of Souls and Words
- To forget does not necessitate to let go!
- Oskar Schell - character analysis
- A Healing That Can't Be Rushed
- Are those who cannot remember the past truly condemned to repeat it?
- Memory, in Relation to Art
- The Limits of Being Tasteful?
- Shocked Twice
- How do we forgive those who don't want our forgiveness?
- The Limits of Time
- Is forgetting really worth the sacrifice?
- With Fear Comes Irrationality
- Right is Rieff
- To remember or not to remember?
- On the Transmigration Of Souls Response
- Defense and Criticism of Rieff
- In the View of a Child
- Forgetting Worse than Remembering?
- The Importance of Memory
- Comparison of Foer and Adams
- Foer and Adams: Using Art To Communicate About 9/11