Art is Where You Find It

Little Italy

The San Gennaro Festival in NYC Little Italy has been around for many years. I’ve always found Italian food incredible and this festival made me like it even more. Everywhere I walked, there were food and game stands, with chefs in white aprons making food on the spot, and game hosts screaming their lungs off at strangers. I also enjoyed watching salespeople trying to persuade tourists to buy their things, from belt buckles to cosmetics. Still, I think the food was the best part of all. I had a plate of stuffed shells and coffee gelato, which was really good! Another part of the festival I really liked was the Pina Colada stands, which offered free refills! I didn’t get a chance to try, but I thought it was really interesting. The crowd was so diversified, portraying NYC culture very well. Overall, the Little Italy festival was a good experience and I hope to attend again next year.

1 alyssaip { 09.23.08 at 10:51 pm }

I really wanted to check this out, but I guess I missed it. Sounds fun!

2 coreytrippiedi { 09.23.08 at 11:21 pm }

Ashamed to say I missed it too…stuffed shells are just plain amazing if you make them right.

Those fried zeppoles are just plain fantabulous….even though it would probably be healthier to drink acid than eat them.

Good blurb.

You must log in to post a comment.