My project shines light onto a mural that portrays the heart and soul of the very community it is located in. Geoff Rawling, an artist who creates community and fine art throughout all five boroughs in NYC, created a mural in 2014 on 116th street in Rockaway Beach as a means of illustrating a nostalgic memory and simultaneously providing hope and inspiration in the hearts of many who live in the neighborhood. The purpose of this project is to provide awareness for the mural because despite it being located in plain sight, many may not understand the concept of it or may entirely miss it. Included in the project is some background knowledge on the artist and community that the artwork resides in and context is provided that indicates the significance of this artwork. I hope that this project will give insight to those who are not familiar with the Rockaway Peninsula region and may even persuade some to actually visit this wonderful mural in person! (Project completed by Arthur Terehoff)