Funsized Sydney Here!

yo

Hello everyone. My name is Sydney Marino and I am planning to become an Actuary. I’m really excited to be part of the Macaulay Honors Program, but also excited about the fact that I will be immersing myself more into the arts. Growing up my brother, Alec, was the artist of the family. I wanted to be an actress for awhile, but that changed when I was introduced to the Math program at my High School. Now I’m married to my calculator.

Growing up, and even now, I was very envious of my brother’s artistic and creative talents. He could draw and paint in ways I wish I could. What made me really jealous was how easy it came to him. He could pick up a pencil and doodle for hours. It would take me an hour just to come up with something to draw. In the end, you could guess which doodle came out better. However, in the same way, he is envious of me. While he’s the true artist, he lacks in other areas where I excel. Therefore together we make an incredible team and it was extremely helpful to be there for each other. Even though all siblings fight, in the end we still love each other.

Nonetheless, I am very excited to be in class with all of you and can’t wait to work with each other for the next four years. (Or even longer!)

P.S. Funsize comes from my inability to cope with my height. I am not short, just fun sized!