Greetings from Susan

I was born in New York—grew up in Bayside, Queens, Great Neck, Long Island, and south Florida. I now reside in Manhattan. My family has deep ties to Little Italy downtown, where my father grew up and my grandparents ran a bar and restaurant on Mulberry Street. The old neighborhood holds special place in my life because I spent so much time there as a child. The taste of homemade pasta always reminds of my grandmother’s cooking.

My home here at Baruch is in the Fine and Performing Arts Department. I delight in being a theatre professor because I’m living my dream to study and teach the arts and culture. I can’t imagine doing anything else. Yep. I go to the theatre a lot, and really like to travel. thrustWell, I do enjoy other things. Swimming is one, travel and outdoor activities are others. Lately, my whole family has become hooked on kayaking. I follow sports, especially baseball. Go Yankees! My summer realty TV addition was the dance competition So You Think You Can Dance. imagesCA220VMBSomething else I can share is that I’m a vegetarian. I do eat diary but no meat or fish.

I can’t wait to see what the fall arts season in New York brings our way!