Good Morning! This is Nick

Testing 1-2…Hi there everyone! My name is Nicholas Leung (I have a full Chinese name, but I can’t even pronounce it let alone spell it so I won’t bother). I was born and raised in the Upper West Side of Manhattan. My mom was born in Lower Manhattan, and my dad immigrated here from Hong Kong when he was really young. I also have a 9-year old sister named Nicole. Although she can be a bit much at times, but she’s a ball of energy in the house that I can’t live without!

539063_10200164423824092_1742870775_nDisneyworld is the bomb.com

Throughout my life, I’ve always been immersed in the performing arts. In the third grade, I joined the Young People’s Chorus of NYC.  As part of this choir, I’ve sang in Argentina, Brazil, the Dominican Republic, the White House, China, Japan, and Switzerland, and loved every minute of it. I also attended LaGuardia HS for vocal performance, and have had the privilege of performing with amazing talent such as Ben Vereen and Peter Yarrow from Peter, Paul, and Mary. It’s been quite the journey, and I hope it doesn’t end there!

IMG_0525Check out the performance here!

DSC_0589Check out our concerts in Basel, Switzerland here!

As you can see, music is literally my life. Despite my love for musical theatre and choral music, I also love me some rock and roll music. I owe it to my mom for lending me all her older albums, which ranged from Jimi Hendrix to U2 to Phil Collins (I had those on loop with my Jesse McCartney and Green Day albums). That music and hours-on-end playing Guitar Hero led me to pick up the guitar, which I have been playing for six years.

I’ll be honest, coming to Baruch College as a business management major was pretty scary. It was going from 24/7 music to nearly nada, and I wasn’t sure how I felt about that. However, knowing that this Arts in NYC class is here, and being in the arts capital of the world, I know that I’ll be okay. I’ll keep shooting for those stars and beyond, and keep my hopes high! Lets go, class of 2018!!!