Professor Tenneriello's Seminar 1, Fall 2023

Greetings Fellow Classmates

Hello everyone! My name is Vera Gladysheva and I’m from Brooklyn and intending to major in finance (but still largely deciding). I love listening to podcasts on my way to school, specifically Stephanie Soo’s Rotten Mango (true crime) and Baking a Murder (horror books/movies) podcasts. I got into podcasts way back in freshman year due to my 45 minute commute and have listened to them whenever I can since (over 700 hours according to spotify wrapped). I have also been working at a nursing home since last summer and I’ve absolutely loved my time there from our weekly barbecues to bingo nights. It has become my second family away from home and not only the residents but also the wonderful people I got to work with and the incredible nurses I got to learn from who have shown vast amounts of humility and care for their patients day in and day out. We also have one special member of our team- West the therapy doggie, he’s the absolute sweetest munchkin ever but will drool all over you:

West

In terms of hobbies, I’ve dabbled in a lot of different crafts all the way from stabbing wool with a giant needle (needle felting) to more timid ones such as photography. I also love going out to nyc to just wander around, thrift shop or just scope through bakeries/cafes, skincare and stationery stores (I especially love Ktown which is not too far from campus). I’ve also recently started collecting Pop Mart blind bags- specifically the Hirono collection, I just think they’re the cutest things ever. Here’s my collection so far:

1. gunjan07

The dog is so cute.