Hi all,

My name is Daniel Iqbal and I am pursuing a major in finance. I am excited to begin this class due to its expansive nature when referring to the Arts of NYC. The notion given by Dr. Tenneriello that this class is a “living course,” fills me with anticipation to begin!

About Me

I am born and raised in Valley Stream, Long Island and have always had a fascination with social interaction. I thoroughly enjoy meeting new people and engaging in conversation that can create not only connections but friendships that can last a lifetime. My MO is that there is always more to learn and by reaching out to those around you, it will increase your knowledge of the world. Furthermore, it seems the more people I talk to, the more windows of opportunity open, and life just gets easier.

Aside from academics, I spend most of my time with family and that’s honestly by choice. I am extremely motivated by my older sister Maleha who has just completed med school and is on her way to be a doctor! Her moral integrity is something to strive for and I respect her a lot (Even though she is a DO)

Regarding hobbies, the two I focus on mainly is weightlifting and surf fishing. Both extremely different in nature but are equally stress relievers in their separate ways. Weightlifting has been apart of my life since COVID and has always been apart of my schedule ever since. I feel that everyone needs at least an hour of physical activity and besides walking, this is how I reach that marker. You may not realize how fun it is to throw weight around in the gym so my advice is to give it a shot! But on the other spectrum, fishing is a low intensity activity that I enjoy. Loading up the car with my father and cousins, and messing around on the beach have brought me some of the best memories that I have to this day. Most recently I was fishing on Block Island, RI and the views from the beach were spectacular.

Thank you guys for reading, and here’s to a great first semester at Baruch!