Family is the source for children, where they can learn about the family background, where they came from, and essentially what culture they belong to. I thought about what constitutes culture in our society before analyzing cultural heritage. My first thought while answering this question is that culture is what defines a person’s genuine identity, including their beliefs, behaviors, practices, and values. The individual’s personality and how it is passed down from generation to generation are upheld by cultural heritage. I was born and raised in a typical family in Bangladesh. My home country has a vibrant culture and traditions that attract people from all over the world. By “typical family,” I meant that my own family had a strong history and upbringing. My entire family is an outgrowth of Bangladesh’s tremendous cultural diversity. My sister and I underwent classical singing and dancing lessons when we were little.

My father used to take me to his hometown when I was a child so that we could learn more about our culture. My grandfather performed at a theater that is commonly referred to as “Jatra Pala” in our nation. Jatra combines singing and acting and is more akin to a Broadway production in the United States. My dad was engaged in it as well, and I found the way they act fascinating. Going to a Broadway musical reminded me of my early years and the way I used to watch my father or grandfather perform. That is the advantage my family gave me in that occurrence, and I keep wondering about the times when cultural appreciation played a big role in my family. “With our thoughts, we make the world”- Lord Buddha. Buddhism is my faith, and it distinguishes me as extraordinary. As Buddhists, we believe that karma exists. You reap what you sow; we believe in this fact. Buddhism teaches us the value of mental tranquility. Buddhism promotes meditation as a practice that can benefit practically all individuals.

“Cultural heritage is not only limited to material objects that we can see and touch. It also consists of immaterial elements: traditions, oral history, performing arts, social practices, traditional craftsmanship, representations, rituals, knowledge, and skills transmitted from generation to generation within a community.” My family’s views are ethereal because of how they have been passed down from generation to generation and that’s why it’s tangible. I have some basic knowledge about the cultural heritage of Bangladesh because I grew up there, which I may impart to future generations. When I first arrived in the USA, I was truly disappointed to see that my cousins were unaware of anything about Bangladesh customs or culture. But I can understand why they didn’t have the opportunity to find out more about it. Therefore, I will never forget the guidelines and behaviors I picked up from my family. And I hope that the tradition will continue from generation to generation.