Professor Tenneriello's Seminar 1, Fall 2023

Blog Post #1

This is my collage based around my journeys with my friends before we split to different states for college. I wanted to take a photo every time I was with them so that I could have that memory of what we did and so we could remember it when we’re older. When we took photos, we wanted to try to have a downtown girl vibe or be a little Italy girl on an adventure.

1. arindam01

Wow Michaela, I find your collage to be very interesting especially since you seem to have found beauty in things that are often overlooked. Whether it be through the inside of a restaurant or even the well-plated food, your collage encapsulates the omnipresent nature of beauty. I think especially as New Yorkers this collage represents us well, particularly the fact that we’re so busy and in a hurry that it’s hard for us to take in the beauty all around us despite always being in a position to admire.

2. dheyalasimrin

I love that you are able to capture fleeting moments in pictures. It’s really uncommon to realize that you’ll miss today before tomorrow comes, and I think you are very lucky to be so aware of this. Photos are able to freeze a moment in time so that you can return to it later and they create art out of reality. These pictures show me that anything in our lives can be considered art.