Professor Tenneriello's Seminar 1, Fall 2023

Blog Post 2

This was taken at an intersection near my house which leads directly into the Prospect Expressway, a path many Brooklyn residents take to get to Manhattan and beyond. It’s always crowded, and this video was recorded right before rush hour. It serves to show that New Yorkers always have places to be, and they’ll get to them however they can- using the subway, driving, or even by biking.

1. Yinglin

Yes! New Yorkers always have somewhere to be, and there are always so many cars on the road, even during non-rush hours. The last part of the video capturing the guy biking on the sidewalk is such a New York experience too. New York is a city that truly never rests.

2. danieliqbal06

I enjoyed viewing this video that showed a familiar place in your world and how the different modes of transport are taken by different individuals everyday. It seems that these vehicles of transport function as a method for New Yorkers to keep on hustling!

3. elliegillis

I love the timing of this video. Knowing it was rush hour when many New Yorkers are racing to get home really adds to the video, showing their need for such a rushed pace. It’s very interesting to see how it’s visible even in cars and trucks on the road, not just people walking the streets.