Hi! My name is Stephanie and I am from Brooklyn, NY.

I believe that the greatest gifts in life come in the form of stories: stories that are learned in our grandparents’ homes, on rugs of living rooms, under skies freckled with stars, and in our mother tongue. In fact, I believe so deeply in stories that I have dedicated parts of my life to crafting these tales.

Every Sunday, I teach dance for three hours on Zoom to younger girls from around the globe. Together, we explore new styles and create new pieces that reflect our lives and express what we want to capture. Below is a video of the ending of a ballet duet by two sisters recreating “Swan Lake.” A lot of details are captured not only by the choreography itself but also by the costumes, which both the instructors and the students plan and coordinate together as well.

This is a short clip from the ending of “Swan Lake,” featuring two dancers from the dance initiative that I lead. Both the students and the instructors choreograph the pieces that are performed as part of a final showcase. This piece tells the story of a black and white swan based on the original piano piece composed by Tchaikovsky.

I am also interested in the legal field and participated in moot court throughout high school. Moot court is a form of oral advocacy that allows me to craft arguments in favor of my position and present it to a mock Supreme Court. Below is a photo of me presenting my arguments in the national judicial competition that I participated in:

In becoming a storyteller, I have learned that there is a story behind every scar, every trophy, every sacrifice, every choice, and everyone. Understanding someone means understanding their story. We are all living stories and no story comes from nowhere.