Perils of Boredom

by Keti Tsotskolauri

Keeping my eyes open has never been much of a challenge, but as I tried to pay attention to my professor I struggled to fight against the irresistible urge to sleep. I didn’t know what higher force was compelling me to sleep, but it was slowly winning…
I was snapped out of my drowsy state by a sudden wave of horrible headache that completely clouded my mind.
“You thought you could run?”
huh? Where did that come from? The voice was deep and malicious, making me bristle; all my instincts were screaming at me to run, but I didn’t know how.
How could I run from something I couldn’t see?
“You can’t get away from me.”
“what the hell are you?” I whispered, as I scanned my surroundings. I was more than willing to physically harm the person who was messing with me. I definitely did not appreciate some idiot trying to scare me; who did he think he was anyway?
“Wouldn’t you like to know?”
“You have no idea who you’re messing with.”
I specialized in mind control; only a very special type of moron would get inside my head and threaten me. I focused my mind on finding the attacker and I quickly located him in the hallway.
Amateur!
“If you ever want to attack a witch, don’t do it in a public place.”
“Don’t try to lecture me!”
“I think you could use villain 101.”
I received no reply, but I knew my comment deeply irritated him. Under any other circumstance, I would have done more damage, but being in public limited my options. I couldn’t draw too much attention to myself.
I guessed the physical option of handling the problem was out of question. Instead, I closed my eyes and channeled my powers to render him unconscious.
I shot out waves of power, I could feel him weakening when…
SMACK!
“Ouch! What was that for?” I glared at my so called best friend.
“You fell asleep again idiot and used magic in your sleep.” Wren directed his scornful gaze at me, making me roll my eyes. But when I looked around I realized he was right.
Everyone in my classroom was knocked out. Oops!
“This is going to take a while to fix.”