Bring me Home

• Uncategorized

Take me back 

To all those times I spent with you

Basking in the warm sunlight, walking side by side, and laughing till the sun went down 

Take me back 

To when I could meet you face to face, see you smile so wide, grinning from ear to ear 

Sitting in the library as people briskly walked by, sharing endless memes, ecstatic as we saw those pictures come to life before our eyes 

Take me back 

To the day I would wait in the cold brisk air, sitting on the cold brick staircase, for our own little excursion 

Observing the paintings we loved, hearing the antique instruments, seeing each other grin from ear to ear 

Take me back 

To the cold walk in the park, stars shining above us, swing sets creaking as we pushed each other as high as we could 

To the times I could look you in the eyes and smile so wide knowing you were right there 

Take me back 

To our endless zoom calls, when I could call you till the sun rose, and fall asleep hearing your voice 

To when life wasn’t so crazy, and I could stand right by you 

Bring me to the future 

When “we’ll see each other soon” becomes our reality, and I’m finally where I want to be right at home in your warm embrace 

When I can jump right into your arms, and never let you go for as long as I can  

I miss you 

I can’t wait to see you 

I love you