Reading response 3

These readings focused on public housing. To be honest I found the first reading The Neoliberal City, difficult to understand. While reading all the information seemed to get jumbled up in my head and I found my self confused, especially when the author discussed the various standpoints. The reading regarding De Blasio’s housing was a better read and informed me that something is actually being done. However, as I kept reading I realized that the plan had some flaws. Even though the plans seem helpful they really aren’t because eventually the rich can takeover causing a rise in housing cost as well. Lastly, the reading urging the city and state to act, showed the reader the conditions in which they live in. I was unable to access the Wall Street Journal article without a subscription but I did get the notion that if they sold the public houses they would make more money. After reading these articles it seemed as If we are doomed. Is there really nothing effective we can do to help those who rely on public housing without altering or damaging our economy? How can we change the fact that public housing appears to be useful but actually isn’t ?