Reading Response #6

I was particularly interested in this weeks reading because i find this topic of climate change interesting because it is something everyone can witness. For instance, it’s hard not to notice how  the weather gets more unpredictable from year to year as the seasons change. However, the most obvious climate change that can be seen are the hurricanes that happen around the world and even hit home as most of us witnessed with hurricane sandy. Many were effected by hurricane Sandy and till this day are still attempting to rebuild and regain their homes. It was a tragic event that many were not prepared for. In that instance, I agree with the reading that there is more we can do to prepare for natural disasters. However, the majority of “Cities Under Siege” article seemed to discuss every political issue, which I didn’t find very useful. I don’t believe that Bush was responsible for the natural disasters that occurred since no one can prevent those from happening. On the other hand, this article brought to light how the government failed to realize that some had no way of escaping during hurricane Katrina. Overall, this article portrayed a negative viewpoint.

Is the government really neglecting the issue of climate change and how it relates to natural disasters?