Josh Salazar

Hi, guys. I’m not entirely sure if I am supposed to do this post, but here it is. I am Joshua Salazar, but I’d prefer it if you call me Josh– not even my mom calls me Joshua. I am eighteen years old, Filipino/Chinese, and the middle of three kids; I have an older sister Sarah, who is 22, and I have a younger brother, who is a junior in high school. I was born in Hoboken, New Jersey, but we lived in Jersey City at the time. I was never too detached from the city– just a PATH ride away! Anyway, when I was about five years old, my family decided to move to West Orange, New Jersey, which is where I live.

Throughout my childhood I was always active. I started playing soccer in the first grade, and during middle school I joined the track team. This doesn’t mean that I wasn’t I nerd, though. I loved Pokemon and other video games, and I would play for days on end.( I challenge anyone to a Pokemon bottle). For more academic interests, I found solace in writing and biology. I dislike history and hate chemistry, which sucks because I am currently failing the chem course!

As for art, I always found art to be interesting and eye-opening. I used to and still love going to the the Museum of Natural History, MOMA, and the MET. During high school, I took an art course and found out that I am actually not too bad at drawing, haha. I also find music to be an amazing source of art. I’m sure everyone has an artist, song, or genre that connects to them in a special way. In this course, I hope to open my eyes more to the different art forms. I also aim to grow deeper appreciations for the ones I already have been exposed to.

One thought on “Josh Salazar