Linda Wong

My name is Linda Wong and I have an undying love for fluffy animals. Dogs, cats, hamsters, rabbits… as long as they’re fluffy, they have all my attention and love. It may be weird, but I think I communicate better with animals than I do with people.

I grew up in in Brooklyn, and I’ve lived there ever since. I have two older sisters; one five years older and the other, seven years older. Reading books became more than a hobby for me; it was almost like breathing, as corny as that sounds. My mom used to drop me off at the public library, and didn’t come to pick me up until closing time. There, I spent hours reading those books that could become so magical. Back then, I thought that I could also became a person who could create magic with words.

Art, to me, is everything. A water bottle can be art, the magnets on a refrigerator can be art, and even garbage can become art. I think it’s about how and what you perceive art to be, not what others claim and label it to be. Although I’m not as artistic as I’d like to be, I still appreciate art. I’m not too crazy about paintings, but I do love exotic and unique architecture.