Caretaker Study

For my caretaker study, I chose to do my mom as my realistic pose. My mom is someone who I am entirely grateful for. She is someone who is caring and someone who is willing to do anything for her children. For the realistic pose, I chose a pose that my mom does every time she talks on the phone with her friends or relatives. Whether she’s sitting or standing, she would aways have an arm across her chest while talking into her cellphone. I found it amusing that most people said that the pose was for someone in their twenties because when you first look at it, it does seem like its for a younger person. My mom is someone who loves talking with others, although she does hide things when she talks which the arm across her chest can symbolize.

For my abstract pose, I decided to do one of my sixteen year old sister. My sister plays a big role in my life and she is someone who I can tell everything to. She is someone who tends hides who she truly is when she is with people she is just meeting. She can be shy, but once you get to know her, she can be very energetic and lively. As someone guessed, the front facing of the feet is her trying to get out of her shell, but cannot fully, as represented by the hiding behind the arms.