The Who… who? That’s right, The Who.

Hello,

On Wednesday night, November 14, I went to see a Who concert at the Barclays Center.

(art performance outside of class that we need to post about… yeah, read the syllabus)

I was taken by surprise that night when a friend called at 7pm to tell me he had 4 free tickets to the concert which started at 8. Even better, they were VIP suite tickets in the brand new Barclays Center.

The state-of-the-art suite was amazing. It looked like a small apartment. It had a refrigerator, cabinets, couches, a flat screen TV, countertops and of course, a balcony with comfy seats to watch the show.

Cool picture in the suite

Even though I didn’t have enough time to listen to some Who before going to the concert, it was still a great show. While Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend are around 70 years of age, the 50 year old band lost two of its members over the years- John Entwistle and Keith Moon. During one of the feature songs the band jammed while showing a video of and old John Entwistle bass solo. His nicknames were the Ox and Thunderfingers -he played very fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5mFVo55bKQ

Anyone remember the Who’s superbowl performance a few years back? Roger Daltrey managed to let out a few good screams. He did it again in the show last week in the song Love Reign O’er Me. reign A 70 year old man can still rock. He also still has the classic dance moves and microphone-throwing technique – something to do during a guitar solo. Pete Townshend’s windmill strumming on the guitar never gets old.

The beginning of the show had a mixture of slow and fast songs I didnt really know (except for the first song – The Real Me).the real me Towards the end, they played the more known classics like Pinball Wizard and Baba O’Reilly.

The newer members of the band did a great job. They weren’t exactly young (one of them was bald), but they were younger than the original members.

For any The Who enthusiasts, here is the setlist:

1. Encore: