Hanukkah vs Christmas

Coming into the comedic debate, I didn’t really know what to expect. I wasn’t too experienced with live comedy. But the show turned out to be really entertaining.

There were many things I liked about the play besides the comedy. One was the audience interaction.  I felt like the teams (especially the first guy on team Christmas) tried to involve the audience. The Q & A in particular allowed the comedians to answer some of the audience members and required them to improvise and not just read from a script, which I found pretty cool. Another was the use of things like PowerPoint presentations. This made it seem like an actual debate with facts, even though it was mostly about making the audience laugh.

At the end, it was interesting how the debaters were trying to use comedy to win the debate rather than reason. I, for instance, picked the winner based on how funny they were and didn’t really think about the facts. In the end, it was a fun experience and I ended up laughing more than learning about either Hanukkah or Christmas.

1 comment

1 Artur Brodskiy { 11.27.12 at 8:23 pm }

It’s always awesome when they involve the audience. It keeps your attention. You’re right, when that first Christmas guy came on with his “smell machine,” I kept trying to smell the different scents he was spraying at us in the beginning. Afterwards I realized it was all pretend. But I still think to myself, “wow, that was a smart idea.”