Juilliard Jazz Quartet

On the way to the jazz concert in Lincoln Center, I had no idea what to expect especially since this was my first live concert. That’s right, I’ve never been to a live concert before. I thought it would be the same as listening to the music we hear on the radio everyday. Anyways, as the concert started, I couldn’t help but be amazed. All the players were so connected with each other and so in sync. They kept smiling at each other. The first few songs were very soothing and I found myself closing my eyes and just letting my mind wonder, something that usually doesn’t really happen when I listen to music on the radio. Another thing I noticed that was different was how into the music I got. I enjoyed the overall performance and actually like jazz. I never expected myself to like that kind of music. However I actually do now. The only thing that annoyed me during the performance was the last song. I never knew when it was going to end, especially with the entire drum patters in between. Another thing that annoyed me was how everyone would just end up clapping his or her hands at a random point during the concert. I never knew when to clap. Besides these two minor set backs I really enjoyed my first concert experience, because as Luke said in class “it was a solid performance”