Night at the Museum

I admit that I am an amateur when it comes to museums. Growing up, I didn’t really have the opportunity to visit museums and so I had little interest in art. When I heard that we’d be visiting the Brooklyn Museum, I was not thrilled. When I heard we’d be speaking about the paintings, I instantly became nervous. I did not know what to expect.

Came Tuesday, September 3rd. I walked into the museum extremely anxious. I was told to form a group and was given a recorder. I happened to stand in front of one painting in particular. Houses of Parliament, Sunlight Effect. 1903 by Claude Monet was the painting I found most intriguing. It depicted some sort of castle blurred by fog and smoke. I sat in front of this painting and just recorded my opinion for about 6 minutes. I then moved on to other paintings and just stared and thought. I found that each piece of art differed from the other and each conveyed a hidden meaning. I managed to only observe the paintings on the third floor in the time given. I wish I had more time.

Spending my night at the museum truly was an amazing experience. I had the opportunity to look at beautiful paintings and give much thought about the details in each piece of art. I also had the opportunity to discuss these paintings with other individuals and was inspired by what they had to say. I found this trip to be an enriching experience and one that I’ve never experienced before. I look forward to the upcoming trips and hope they are as amazing as this one.