ICP

Walking into ICP I thought the photographs on the first floor were pretty cool with the vibrant colors and the random shots taken I guess they were supposed to have a deeper meaning and in some of them I took the time to find out what that deeper meaning was. But where I spent most of my time was downstairs in the JFK 50th anniversary exhibit. I like history so I thought the display of the shots during JFK’s assassination were pretty amazing. They were probably the only photographs of the event so I really examined them to see if I saw anything different in each one of them. What I also thought was different and interesting about this exhibit were the photo’s they displayed of average Americans TV sets during this time in history. For example there was a picture of a television image of Kennedy’s flag covered casket and another television image of JFK’s accused assassin Lee Harvey Oswald being transported moments before being fatally shot by Jack Ruby. I loved that they decided to put these television set photos up because it caught more than just the moments but it captured the affect JFK’s death had on millions of Americans. The fact that the people watching the funeral or the other events that were photographed on television sets took the time out to photograph and use precious camera film to capture these moments show how important these events were during this time in American history. It’s not like how it is now where everyone has a high digital camera in their pockets and can take pictures anywhere and everywhere, these photos were unique in the sense that during a time when there was much less technological advances, these people found a way to capture the moment making the pictures all the more impacting.