The International Center of Photography (ICP)

Right when I entered the ICP, I began to look around, moving from photograph to photograph trying to locate the “perfect” one. The one that captured my attention and was the most unusual of all the others. I’m not sure if I even found this photograph or if one even exists because the word “perfect” is different from one person to another. As I walked around looking at the photographs, I noticed that some of them didn’t seem like the type I would have expected to find in the ICP. They seemed plain almost, like one that you could find anywhere. I was surprised at that because I had thought all the photographs there would be a “masterpiece”, ones that you could never imagine taking yourself. I doubt that everyone thought the same photograph was plain, to some they probably had the opposite effect. They made them think, almost mesmerizing the viewer. Still, other photographs really caught my eye. One that almost immediately comes to mind is the Chandelier, Springfield, PA. This photograph seemed so unusual to me. It was a normal photograph of the sky, but in the middle a chandelier was emerging. I began to wonder how the photographer could have taken such a picture or even why he took it? Even now, this photograph is still in my mind and I am still unsure as to the purpose of it. It might actually have been the goal of the photographer to make us ponder this photograph or to let us decide what it’s purpose is. I’m not sure if all of you felt the same way about this photograph and I highly doubt it. I added it below, ENJOY!

ipgan1BqQals