International Center of Photography

I was extremely excited to go to the International Center of Photography. I was expecting to see extraordinary photos, photos that are unusual and unique. I wasn’t sure how I would choose just one photo that was intriguing!

However, I actually struggled to find that one photo that I’d be blogging about. On the first floor of the museum, I found disturbing photos and was forced to quickly turn the other way. I noticed a photo of a nude man, an uncovered woman, a face filled with frightening bruises, a hand with missing fingers, etc. I was caught by surprise. Who would’ve thought the museum would display such photographs? What was the message the artist was trying to convey through her photos? What exactly was I supposed to infer from each and every photograph? I wasn’t sure how any of these photographs would interest me.

As I continued to glance through each section, I found one particular photo that caught my eye. It was a photograph of a beautiful chandelier, looking as if it was hanging from the sky. The sky was the lightest blue, with thin clouds, and the chandelier looked as if it was balanced in the air. The chandelier was in between the clouds and the blend of the blue and white colors made the photograph seem soothing and the chandelier in the middle of the sky, made the photo striking and spectacular.

Overall, this trip was not one of the best. I can honestly say that if it weren’t for this photo that caught my eye, I would have had trouble coming up with a particular and interesting photograph to discuss. However, it was an experience!

Here is the photo…

Detail I-95 (Chandelier)