I have never in my life experienced or witnessed a real ballet performance. I used to watch ballet performances when I was a child on TV, mostly when my grandmother wanted to watch the christmas specials. I used to be amazed at how elegant, delicate and graceful the dancers always used to look. They were so feathery, like a wind could come by at any moment and sweep them off their feet.  I loved every twirl, every spin, every jump. So to be able to see these performers live was definitely an amazing experience for me. My eyes were fixated upon the dancers throughout the entire show.

One thing I noticed right away was that the ballerinas were so precise with their movements. Their styles and timing were all affected by the music that was being played. The music and the dancers coincided with each other, complementing each other throughout each of the separate performances. I also noticed that there was usually always a sense of symmetry between each of the dancers. If there was a couple on the left side, there was a couple on the right and vice versa. This symmetry gave the performance a sense of completeness; of balance.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed all three shows, I have to say that “The Green Table” performance was my absolute favorite. I loved everything about it. I loved the symbolism behind each of the various dances as well as the piano music that accompanied each of the scenes. I loved the costumes, especially the costume of the dancer that represented death. I loved how the performance wasn’t simply a dance, but instead was an intricate story. Somehow without even saying a word, these ballerinas (both male and female) were able to convey such a strong, emotional and overwhelming message. From the delicate movements and sways of the despairing wife, to the rigid, forceful movements of “death”; each scene was able to efficiently stir emotions from the audience. Their eyes were consistently fixated upon the dancers.

I hope that one of these days I will be able to see another live ballet show. This experience was extremely memorable and enjoyable and is not one I will soon forget.