SING! – A Musical Theater Competition

I feel bad that I didn’t think about posting this earlier, so I’m posting it now!

I’m a University Scholar at the Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College in New York City. One of the extracurricular actives that’s offered by MHC is called SING! It’s a musical theater competition between the seven CUNY campuses involved with Macaulay. Each campus was responsible for gathering a diverse team of set builders, actors and actresses, painters, directors, singer, etc. and creating a thirty to thirty-five minute musical production.

Three campuses dropped out, so only four are performing. Today, November 16, Macaulay Brooklyn and Macaulay Baruch will be performing their shows at 8:00 p.m. at the CUNY Macaulay Honors College building (35 West 67th Street). On Thursday, Macaulay Queens and Macaulay City will be performing at 8:00 p.m. as well. The finals, where all four campuses will be performing, will be held at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday. The guest judges for the finals are the two founders of the nationally-acclaimed Chicago City Limits improvisation group.

If you can make it tonight or Saturday to see my campus, Macaulay Brooklyn, that would be great! Suggested donation is $5.00.

Macaulay SING! starts November 16 at 8:00 pm!

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.