What “The Utopia of Daniel” is all about

As a Macaulay Honors College student, I get access to a WordPress account. With it, I can make as many blogs as I’d like, mainly for class projects, courses, travel diaries, etc. However, I’ve always wanted a blog to call my own. A place that I can come to and write anything that I’d like to about any topic I desire. That’s what The Utopia of Daniel is.

On my blog, you’ll find posts on topics ranging from my college classes and jobs to collectible cars and movie reviews. I hope you enjoy it and share it with your friends, neighbors and family. Please do, in fact. This blog is worth it!

As for me, Daniel Scarpati:

• I live in Howard Beach, New York
  • I went to Christ the King Regional High School and graduated with honors in 2011
  • I’m majoring in film production at Brooklyn College
  • My favorite film is Jurassic Park (with Hot Fuzz a close second), and my favorite television show is LOST
  • My favorite genre (of film and literature) is science-fiction, and my favorite author is Michael Crichton
  • I’ve operated a YouTube channel with my good friend Andre for many years now, and making videos is definitely the largest part of my life–now I own and run my own production company, Passing Planes Productions
  • One of the main people who inspire me the most (not including my direct family or friends) is filmmaker James Rolfe
  • I’ve had many broadcasting, film, acting and computer-realted jobs in the past, such as Christ the King Broadcasting, The Church in the Gardens and the Queens Chronicle newspaper (where I was a photographer and journalist), just to name a few
  • I’m devoted to community service and helping my fellow man (and woman)
  • I love blogging and hope this blog becomes a highly-visited one some day

I hope those ten super-quick fun facts tell you a little bit about me and what I intend to do in life.

So here’s to blogging and the Macaulay Honors College!

Please enjoy The Utopia of Daniel.

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.