Arts Night 2012 was a success

Today was the day of the official Arts Night at Macaulay Honors College. It took place from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm and was a great success for all seven CUNY Macaulay Campuses, the Arts Night Curator Team and the artists themselves!

I took the train over to Central Park South with my parents, sister, and friends Eric and Hayley, and then we walked up Central Park West to MHC together. After a quick sign in, we went upstairs and watched the two films that I had submitted (Violent Night and Snow Shovelers) on the big screen. It was really awesome to see some of my short films played in a real movie theater, and there were some other terrific videos there as well.

Outside the Macaulay theater.

We explored the rest of the show and some amazing artwork ranging from poems and body art to paintings on canvas and live performances. Not to mention, there were platters of mustache cupcakes to munch on while walking around holding small mustaches on sticks! Sounds weird, I know. You had to be there, haha.

Inside the Macaulay movie theater at Arts Night 2012.

The night continued on as we explored the MHC backdoor patio (which I had never seen up until tonight) and the rest of the show, which spanned from the basement all the way up to the third floor. All in all, it was a great show, and I know that my family and friends had a great time. Not to mention that I met some other awesome artists and filmmakers, saw people laugh hysterically at my videos and saw some friends from my campus as well.

If you missed it this year, be sure to at least check out the films I submitted and make plans to come next year!

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.