The Utopia of Daniel wins best personal blog!

The Utopia of Daniel won the best personal blog category of the Macaulay 2012 Eportfolio Expo! =uD

I’m very proud to say that all of my hard work (as well as the hard work of all of my fellow Macaulay Honors College student bloggers) paid off last Wednesday. Of the 23 of us who entered, the students who attended the expo at the MHC Building in Manhattan got a chance to stand up in front of everyone (entrants and some of the deans and technology fellows of Macaulay) and explain why we created our blogs, what we wanted them to achieve and what our plans are for the future.

The event was a lot of fun, and I was very happy in the end to hear the my blog won the best personal category. There were eight individual categories along with a judges overall choice category. The prizes for the eight individual categories were 8GB 6th Gen iPod Nanos, and the prize for the judges’ choice category was an iPad. Besides myself, the individual category winners included Marisa Paolillo, Julia Dancer, Aparna Gokhale, Victoria Tang, Kanika Khanna, Diana Kudelko and Sion Siyanov, and the overall winner was Lilach Gez (and her blog is My AUSome Trip, which you should definitely check out).

On top of those nifty Apple prizes, all participants and winners received a special badge to place on their Eportfolio. A very cool web award, if I do say so myself. You can check mine out by looking over at the “About Me” box in the top right corner of this page.

I hope to keep blogging in the future and work together with all of these other fine Macaulay students to make the best sites we can possible make! Here’s looking forward to next year’s expo!

Check out the complete list of all participants and winners HERE.

I tip my hat to my fellow Macaulay bloggers and ll you fine readers out there. =u)

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.