Summer Break 2013 Begins with Eportfolio Expo 2013 Awesomeness!

The Spring 2013 semester has finally come to an end. After making it through hell and high water (quite literally), I survived my classes and made it out alive! I certainly hope that all of my fellow Macaulay and Brooklyn College classmates feel the same sense of accomplishment and pride that I do after finishing half of the four-year undergraduate experience.

Very thankfully, my summer break began with a serious dose of awesomeness thanks to the 2013 Eportfolio Expo. This year, a bunch of fantastic bloggers submitted their sites, ranging from club and group pages to educational blogs and travel portfolios. Below is the list of the wonderful participants and their award categories–I highly recommend taking the time to visit their sites and see what they’ve been up to for the past six months.

THE JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARDEES
Marina Nebro–“Arts and Culture”
Kanika Khanna–“The Macaulay Messenger”
Kaitlyn O’Hagan–“Writing Not Raging”
Daniel Scarpati–“The Utopia of Daniel”
HONORABLE MENTIONS
Alessandra Rao–“The Undivided Design”
Choonghun Lee–“The Macaulay Triplets”
Julia Dancer–“No Foreign Lands”
Amy Gijbers van Wijk–“The Babylon Project”
CATEGORY RECOGNITION
(Travel Eportfolio) Tamar Herman–“Kosher Seoul”
(Curation/Reblogging Eportfolio)–Zara Hoffman–“Wear Aboutz”
(Photography Eportfolio)–Marianna Lamnina–“My European Adventures”
(Food/Culture Eportfolio)–Stephanie Chung–“A College Student’s Bucket List”
(Arts/Professional Eportfolio)–Amy Gijbers van Wijk–“Diary of a Young Playwright”–
(Potential/Newcomer Eportfolio)–Christine Seguritan–“x_signature”
As an Eportoflio creator/moderator in the Judges’ Choice Awardees category, I was one of the four people who won a brand new iPad Mini. Needless to say, this piece of Apple technology is going to be extremely helpful to my studies throughout the next two years of undergraduate research, course work and internships. So far, I’ve been putting it to good use as another piece of photography equipment in audio/video arsenal, and I’ve been taking some notes on it as I work as an intern for the Discovery Channel this summer. I have a good feeling that these are only the tip of the iceberg in terms of what I’ll be able to use it for in the coming years.

I just couldn't resist making placing a X-Files background on the lock screen a main priority!

I just couldn’t resist making placing a X-Files background on the lock screen a main priority!

A major thank you goes out to Professor Ugoretz, the Eportfolio Expo team and the judges who donated their time to grade our Eportolios and give us helpful feedback to improve them in the future. Without these fine men and women, the Expo wouldn’t be any fun and we wouldn’t learn anything about our social presences online!

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.