Nostalgia Critic Jurassic Park 3 Review – A Tribute Turned Reality

In June 2013, my friend Eric Kramer, a Criminal Justice major over at St. Joseph’s College, and I got together to pay tribute to two things we greatly love. One was Jurassic Park, my favorite film of all time and a favorite of Eric’s. Last summer marked the 20th anniversary since the film’s release, and we decided to celebrate by not only going to see Jurassic Park 3D in theaters, but reviewing the third film in the JP trilogy.

The review is where the second thing comes in. Doug Walker, an internet comedian over at ThatGuyWithTheGlasses / Channel Awesome, had created a character called the Nostalgia Critic and had been doing reviews of old movies, TV shows and other nostalgic things since 2008. Last summer, Doug announced the end of the NC character and his reviews–he hoped to move onto bigger and better things. This was the other thing we wanted to pay tribute to: Doug, the NC, and all of Channel Awesome. Our video came out, and has since reached almost 19,000 views on YouTube (as of June 2014).

Since the video was made, JP has grown one year older and Walker announced the NC’s return, based on the outcry from fans. The NC has been back in the film/TV reviewing business since January 2013, and just this week he released his review of JP3.

My friend Eric and I were ecstatic to see how correctly we interpreted the NC! These two videos match in nearly 70% of all jokes, clips, and references used/made, and that makes us very proud oft our tribute to him and the JP Trilogy.

About Daniel

Daniel is a graduate of CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Brooklyn College, summa cum laude with a B.A. in Film Production and TV/Radio. He can be reached via his website, www.passingplanes.com. The Utopia of Daniel was his college blog and he has since transitioned to posting on other sites.