iMovie Tutorial

Here is a useful, step-by-step power point tutorial for using iMovie, created by former Baruch ITF Amanda Favia. It covers most of what we reviewed in class this week (or will review in class, for you High Cs and Thundercats) and is a nice resource to refer to in case you need a refresher. I also want to emphasize – especially for the Nerdy Birdies right now, but eventually for all sections – how to complete your video when you’re finished editing. When you’re entirely sure you’re video is ready to go, you need to click ‘File’ and then ‘Finalize Project’. This will give you the final video file to post to youtube or vimeo, and then to the class website.

Download (PPT, 3.36MB)

About Owen Toews

I am a PhD candidate in Geography at the CUNY Graduate Center where I research neoliberalism, settler colonialism, and the production of space. In past years I taught Urban Life 101 and Urban Revitalization in the department of Urban Affairs and Planning at Hunter College. I am a founding member of the DIY museum collective Winnipeg Arcades Project, where we experiment with different ways of combining knowledge and artistic production and display.