What is the Snapshot exhibit?

Remember all those great photos you took on October 11 and posted to the Macaulay Snapshot Gallery site http://macaulay.cuny.edu/gallery/Snapshot-NYC-2015? On Sunday, November 22nd, they will be exhibited at an art show at The New York Historical SocietyFor more information on how to upload the photos, see the page with the directions.

Do I need to be there on November 22nd?

Yes, this is the final Common Event of Seminar 1, and as one of the artists, you will want to be present at the gallery opening.

If I forgot to upload a photo, do I still need to be there?

Yes. This is a required activity that everyone must participate in.

Will attendance be taken?

Yes.

What are the hours of the event?

The Snapshot opening will be from 11 through 5, but you won’t need to be present the whole time. Please sign up for your arrival time by filling in the registration form.

What time should I arrive?

Please register for either an 11am or 2pm arrival time by clicking Registration, above.

Can family or friends come to the exhibit too?

Yes! Friends and family are most welcome to come to your gallery opening. We will try to get free passes for family.

What is the activity that all students will be doing?

The activity will be a variation of the following and will include images from the other exhibits at the Historical Society:

1. in small groups of 5, you will choose any subset of the photos at the exhibits as the basis for a creative multimedia presentation/project
  2. you will use a smartphone to create a video or image presentation
  3. you will upload your project to an eportfolio that we will provide

What do I need to bring on Sunday, November 22?

Your smartphone (if you have one) and your imagination. Please do NOT bring your laptop if possible!

Can we use our own photos in this activity?

Yes. The ones you choose are entirely up to you.

Is there a specific time I should come? 

Use the registration form to register for one of the two arrival times (11 AM or 2 PM).  Even better, see if you can meet up with the group you worked with at the Brooklyn Museum (and the Media Arts Workshop at Macaulay).  Wouldn’t it be great to see those folks again? Of course it would!

Who’s going to see the projects afterwards?

The projects will be available on an eportfolio. Be prepared for wide dissemination. Your professors will see them, too, and you can share them with anyone you like!

I’ve never done this sort of activity before – what else do I need to know?

All you need to know is that it will be an exciting event at the Historical Society, and you will be taking part in a fun, creative project.  ITFs will be on hand to help you!