Hoping for the best

Hi everyone,

This has not been an easy time. I just want to say that I hope you and your families and friends are safe.  I had to evacuate from Rockaway on Sunday and am in Manhattan without power, so came to Macaulay to write this.  There is surely a lot of devastation around us but I am grateful to be okay.  Please let us all know how each of you are.

Be safe, Lee

5 thoughts on “Hoping for the best

1. Hi Prof. Quinby & Everyone,

I am doing alright, thankfully. This storm sure has been a crazy, saddening mess for everyone, I’m sure. I am in Brooklyn, kind of trapped from getting to Manhattan due to the transit adaption, but hopefully by Sunday and Monday a bit will be smoothed out.

If anyone needs anything, I am happy to try and help.

Amy

• Thanks for letting me know. There will be enough to discuss without it so we will just skip that one.

2. Hello Professor,

The Hunter dorms were evacuated last Sunday. I visited on Friday to gather belongings. I was told by residence life that they would let me know about temporary housing by late Monday. Have heard rumors that dormitory will not be restored/accessable for about a month.

I spend the storm at my aunt and uncles’ house and have returned to my parent’s house on the South Shore of Long Island, where we are still without electricity (due to be restored on Wednesday according to LIPA). I will be fairly dependent on LIRR service for a few days, but should be alright. This could have been much worse and I am happy that I have been able to catch up on my reading.

I hope my classmates are alright.

Thanks,
    Danielle

3. I hope the trains are restored for some ease of access on Tuesday. I am nervous, even though I am only in Brooklyn, about commuting to MHC because from reports from my friends who trek to-and-from Harlem, it took one of them 5 hours to get there and back. I hope we can all make it to class alright on Tues.
    Looking forward to discussing Heaven’s Gate – this was my “favorite” topic so far.