CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Baruch College/Professor Bernstein

ecaF tuobA

“Who are you?” wheezes the caterpillar, high on his mushroom pedestal. He blows smoke rings that engulf me completely, twisting and swirling their foggy tentacles around my thoughts.

I am hungry. I am sober. I am awake. I am counterproductive. I am oversimplistic. I am words. I am thoughts. I am a notion. I am energy. I am happy where I am. I am a yogi. I am sick a lot. I am confusing. I am a tea enthusiast. I am a dramatist. I am an actress. I am a seamstress.
I am my own mix of Buddhism and Christianity that really completely conflicts with how I live my life but I am working on that. I am in love with James Dean and may or may not have a cardboard cutout of him next to my bed at all times.
I watch TCM more than I watch MTV. I have the combined musical tastes of a grandma, a beatnik, a country hick, and some hipsters. I knit. I write. I take pictures. I have carried with me my little-school-girl love for horses and probably won’t ever shed it. I have only one adjective in my vocabulary that I use to describe everything.
“Cute.”
I am a firm believer that everyone and everything in this world has a story to tell and I try my best to listen to and find as many as I can.
I may be many things, but at the end of the day,
I just am.

1 sbrodetskiy { 09.23.10 at 4:22 pm }

“People call me Slava, but my name is Svyatoslav Brodetskiy, and I am in a perpetual conflict with myself. I consistently question things. My music taste is set dead on and dedicated to indie rap artists and classical composers, like Bach, Schubert, and Beethoven. I am registered independent of any political party, because I don’t believe in judging issues from a preconditioned bias. And my favorite fruit is pineapple. “

2 Sara Jay { 09.23.10 at 4:25 pm }

I love this. Sometimes when I’m bored, I sit and write down things about myself, little blurbs like this. In this post you write everything with a really amazing confidence and clarity, it’s great. And the last line ends it with a great impact and sense of closure. Well done!

3 Anna Traube { 09.27.10 at 1:33 am }

A very creative approach to this assignment. Like it a lot.