CUNY Macaulay Honors College at Baruch College/Professor Bernstein

Silly Rappers

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/

Today is a Monday. It’s the first time I’m sitting in my Business 1000 Honors class and I’m nervous and anxious. I decide to take a seat in the second row of the lecture room, and to my great surprise my new friends decide to come and join me. After a few words were exchanged between my friends and I, the aged professor of the course decides to approach us because we were making such a loud ruckus. Attempting to join our conversation, the professor takes a moment to take in what everyone was talking about. Since it took us awhile to realize the professor was eavesdropping, we continue our conservation about what type of music we liked to listen to. Just when I was about to share my musical tastes, the professor decides to jump in at that exact moment.

“So you’re talking about music ey? What about that rapper 50 cents?”

I began to cackle at my professor’s “cultural” mistake even though my friends had more control of their actions. My professor immediately gave me a malicious look and left to start the lecture. My laughter quickly faded as I realized that I’ve gotten on the professor’s bad side. However, I still thought it was funny he said 50 cents instead of 50 Cent when mentioning the rapper. This was due to the huge gap in age and “culture” between the professor and me. I brushed off the whole incident and went along with my day, but I couldn’t help to giggle every time my friends would mention this encounter.

1 comment

1 ross0926 { 10.28.10 at 4:17 pm }

Old people trying to be cool (like my mom)… not cool lol