My name is Claire Ng and I am a Macaulay Honors student at Baruch College.

My website contains several projects that my IDC class worked on throughout the semester. Each project shown represents several themes and messages that revolve around NYC and the arts that thrive throughout the city.

The Curatorial project gave me an opportunity to create my own art exhibit revolving around my own personal journey in finding myself while living as a Chinese born American. This project highlights the struggles that many Asian Americans face when trying to balance two cultures at the same time.

The Photo Portfolio project showcases several photos that I captured in a week to represent my transition in life from living in the suburbs to living in the big city.

Finally, my City Stories project contains a short story that I wrote involving my mother’s memory as a child growing up in Chinatown. This project focuses on the geographical aspects of the city and is showcased through a creative form of art.

Enjoy browsing my several creations and hopefully you too can relate to some of my themes and topics.