Downtown Brooklyn
Anna

A college student in her early 20’s.

• What brings you here to Downtown Brooklyn today (or just any time in general)?
    • One time I had to go to jury duty over at the court. Today I’m going to the DMV to meet a friend.

• Do you come here often?
    • Um, no not really. I mostly go to Manhattan really.

• What would you recommend to anyone visiting the area of Downtown Brooklyn to go and visit?
    • I like going to the Promenade. You can see the whole Brooklyn Bridge from there and I usually take pictures.

• How reliable would you consider the MTA system to be in coming here? Is coming here accessible for you?
    • I would have to say that the MTA is reliable. One thing that I really like is that there are a lot of trains that stop at Atlantic Av which makes transferring really easy. No matter where I might be all that I have to do is just find a train to take me there [Atlantic Av] and then I can easily go home on the N or the R. When I first moved here, about 8 years ago, a piece of advice that my aunt gave me whenever I would go out was this: “If you can find a train to take you to Atlantic Avenue, you can always get home.”

• Have you noticed any changes around the neighborhood over the past few years?
    • Not really. I guess there are less homeless people around here.