A lovely surprise

Xenoblade Monado Cake

On October 24th my close group of friends and I executed our first surprise birthday party. We had been planning this since late September and we had gathered all the supplies necessary. We are all massive Nerds and nearly all of us own a switch except for a handful of us. Kevin’s parents had not allowed him to buy one so what did we do? We all chipped in to buy him the Animal Crossing Nintendo Switch edition. However, this is a surprise party so where’s the fun in just handing it to him? We made a spectacle of it. Three times we gifted him a switch. We asked him to close his eyes and stick out his hands. On his open palm, we placed- a light switch. He laughed and faked joy over our pun of a switch lite. Then on the second time, we handed in a Nintendo Switch box, he was in utter disbelief.  “No way” he said. Once he opened the box he was surprised to find a mountain of gag gifts and a birthday sash. He proceeded to open his actual gifts: a new denim jacket, an avocado plush, and other normal birthday gifts. Then we handed him another large gift bag. One by one he slowly pulled out our true gifts, handmade pillow, plushie, a switch carrying case, then finally the system itself. Needless to say, he was shooketh. I’m unable to do it justice through writing alone but know this, he looked up at us holding back tears, pouting from pure disbelief and appreciation. I’ll ask if I can post a more personal photo but for now, look at the amazing custom ordered cake! The point of this post is just to share a touching experience that keeps me motivated during stressful times.