Food

One of my favorite things is food. The flavor and appeal of food are one of the few things I can’t get enough of. Whether it’s a spicy ramen bowl or a cool scoop of ice cream, I find that food can improve my mood. Even more important than the food, though, is the preparation and intent behind a meal.

New York City is pretty well known as a melting pot of different cultures. You literally can’t go down a block in Manhattan without stumbling across restaurants serving food of various cultures. As I read blogs from people across the United States, it’s surprising how many of them don’t regularly have the option to eat at different restaurants and experience new foods. For many of them, a fast food joint or family-owned restaurant may be the only “dining-out” experience they can get. New York also has a bunch of supermarkets serving different communities. Whether you’re looking for ingredients to whip up a Korean meal, or finding fresh produce for your Mexican Taco Tuesday, you’ll be able to find a supermarket to serve your needs.

Since I’ve been indoors for the better part of half a year, I figured I’d learn how to cook. It’s not often you can find time to pursue a hobby or interest. Here are a couple of dope dishes