The Life Advice and Photos of Michael Palma

Arts in NYC Forums M.P. Photography – Hamilton Heights The Life Advice and Photos of Michael Palma

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1460
    Cristian Statescu
    Participant

Michael was spectacular. I thoroughly enjoyed Michael’s approach to speaking to us, where we asked him questions and no matter what the question was about, he gave us life advice, which I found to be really important and impactful. I especially appreciated his input on what to do when it comes to responsible risks. For me, my life has been based upon providing help for my family.

Given other people’s advice, and now his as well, I’m considering changing my career plans, which possibly means changing my major. Nonetheless, I just wanted to start off this post by thanking Michael for offering some really useful life advice to me.

While I am not a photographer, I was amazed by the pictures Michael took, especially the pictures of art surrounded by nature. It made a beautiful contrast which was very eye catching and interesting to me, given that one of the forms of art I make myself are paintings or drawings of nature. While I wouldn’t want to do a painting or drawing similar to what Michael took (since I make nature the focus of my pieces), I still really appreciate the pictures he made. I was drawn to the picture which appears to be 2 sets of eyes in the center of the forest, surrounded by trees. It appears almost as if they are frantically looking around for something: possibly looking to see if there’s danger coming from the woods, or possibly for their friend, or maybe they’re just taking in the beauty of nature. Many of the photos he took are up for interpretation, and that’s really what I appreciate about his work, is that it lets the mind roam free.

Nevertheless, I appreciate Michael’s life advice which he amounted from his own experiences and imparted on us. I also appreciate the pictures he showed us on his Instagram. While I didn’t mention all of them and solely focused on that arts exhibition in nature, there was also this most recent set of pictures where it had dancers of different cultures in the middle of their dance. I enjoy the energy he captured in these images as it fills me up with not only joy, but also excitement, one which lingers since photography is an imagine stuck in time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.