The work of Touch

Arts in NYC Forums U.R. Sculpture – Into Her Own The work of Touch

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1751
    theleondracraig
    Participant

Ursula Von Rydingsvard is the definition of a person with dedication and passion for art. Her yearning for art and journey is truly amazing to see how she finally allowed art to control her desires. The small documentary doesn’t fail to mention this is a work of touch. In order to create these beautiful artworks, there needs to be that physical touch.

Using her own experiences in order to explain the human condition and has a quality that this artwork could have happened a long time ago makes it so unique and beautiful. This makes this artwork very distinct from art today. There is this type of madness to her work that I really like. That’s what I really love about art you can feel the raw emotion of the piece and how the artist feels. Lastly, I just wanted to touch on how I really liked this guesses artwork the most. There is just something about it that draws my attention. Maybe because it’s so different and not something you see today. Her cedar pieces never fail to amaze me when I was looking at them because of the way in which the human mind works. She is able to visualize what she wants and carve into existence her thoughts which I thought was really nice. I am not a person who is heavy into art works but this was very interesting to watch the documentary and even see the work that came along with it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.